It Pays to Be a Consumer Owner
As a consumer of Clarke Electric Cooperative, you are also an owner. Being a consumer-owner means you are investing in something you use and something you own. Since we are a not-for-profit cooperative, any profit or margin is returned to our consumer-owners in the form of capital credits.
- Capital credits are returned on a 20 year cycle
- The amount you receive is based on the amount of electricity you consumed
- The capital credit is credited to your December utility bill
- Estates of deceased persons who were patrons of Clarke Electric can request early payout
- If you have moved and no longer have Clarke Electric as your electric provided, a check will be issued to you at your last known address
Please keep the cooperative informed of your address so checks can be sent to the correct address.
If you have any questions or difficulties using this online form, please contact Clarke Electric Cooperative at (800) 362-2154.